The Treasurer-Tax Collector’s office will be open with normal business hours (8:00 am to 4:00 pm Monday through Friday). In consideration of the COVID-19 precautions issued by the CDC, we want to keep employees and the public safe by Social-Distancing. We encourage everyone to pay their property taxes without coming to the tax office. Only two payment windows will be open which will limit the spacing between individuals.
Alternate ways to pay:
- Mail in your check, postmarked on or before April 10, 2020
- Pay online either by E-Check ($1.50) or credit card (2.38% fee) Taxcollector.calaverasgov.us or phone the automated system at 1(844) 556-7131
- Pay through your bank's Bill-Pay service. This must be done at least 7 to 10 days in advance of April 10, 2020 to allow your bank's processing system
- Avoid cash payments: During this time, taxpayers are encouraged NOT make in person cash payments. Please use a personal check or obtain a cashier's check or money order and mail immediately
- Secure Dropbox is located in the front parking lot and will be available to the public until April 10th at 5:00 p.m.
Office hours may change at any time so please call before you come in (209) 754-6350.